Braemar Technical Services’ Singapore Adjusting Office is looking for an Energy Loss Adjuster with several years’ experience in the industry.
A Drilling, Electrical, Rotary or Subsea Engineering background would be preferred, but the role is diverse and not limited to these specific disciplines. The position would be to work out of the Singapore office, and operate throughout Asia and other regions as required, providing technical review and adjusting a variety of onshore / offshore upstream and downstream losses. The ideal candidate must be able to speak and write fluent English, happy to present to a diverse but technically proficient audience and can demonstrate a proven track record of working within the energy field. The candidate will have a client facing role with oil companies, as well as the local and international insurance market and whilst regional language skills are appreciated, they are not a requisite.
Our ‘recipe’ for suitable candidates is two parts technically strong in their engineering discipline, but also one part extrovert and one part a large personality, to mix and assimilate with a strong incumbent team.
Investigating, managing and negotiating Energy related insurance claims; with an emphasis on well control, rig and platform damage, various offshore construction losses and downstream power and petrochemical losses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Onsite survey of damage / losses, as well as meeting with relevant technical personnel.
– Investigate Cause.
– Review of technical documentation (daily drilling reports, logs, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
– Contract & Policy Interpretation.
– Quantification and valuation of remedial measures.
– Preparation of Reports.
– Travel is required to survey damages as well as meet with technical representatives and clients.
– Marketing role involving both oil companies and local/international Insurance companies.
– Continuing Education where appropriate (including insurance qualifications as required).
Qualities, Skills & Attributes Required:
– Good written and verbal communication skills.
– University graduate.
– Professional engineering qualification would be preferred, including 2-5 years in the oil and gas industry in their engineering discipline.
– If not already held, able to reflect strong progress against recognised insurance professional qualifications.
Salary & Remuneration:
Dependent upon the individual candidates experience amongst other considerations, but considered to be competitive / attractive, together with medical, disability and life insurances, and relocation expenses if necessary.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]